Mount Rinjani – Indonesia has many beautiful and charming mountains and active volcanoes, one of the most beautiful mountains in Indonesia is Mount Rinjani or Gunung Rinjani in Indonesian. Mount Rinjani is an active volcano in Indonesia, and one of the best mountains in Indonesia and Rinjani is the second highest Indonesia mountain.
Mount Rinjani is located on the island of Lombok which is an island that is very well known by tourists and located in West Nusa Tenggara. Lombok Island is one of Bali’s neighbors who has become the center of the tourist attraction when on holiday to Indonesia.
Back to Mt. Rinjani, this mountain has a height of about 3,726 meters above sea level, and this nature is one of the favorite mountains for climbers from Indonesia, and even the climbers from abroad try to trekking and explore the beauty of Rinjani. Why so? Because the natural beauty that is owned by this Indonesia mountain is stunning and still very natural.
First time visiting Lombok? Read this reference first
This article will cover all of the beauty that Mt. Rinjani and other general information about the volcano that located in the area of Mount Rinjani Rinjani National Park (Taman Nasional Gunung Rinjani) with an area of about 41,330 ha in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara.
Mount Rinjani Trekking
Rinjani Trekking Guide – To climb Rinjani is not too difficult for you who are experts but for you that are just trying to climb, better stay cautious and have a fit body condition. To avoid the worse situations, you should use trekking guide from local trekking companies or trekking organizers.
There are some commonly selected climbing routes, namely Sembalun, Senaru, Torean, and Timba Noah. Usually, the favorite way for climbers is the Sembalun Climbing Path, because the path is quite easy compared to other climbing routes.
Rinjani Trekking via Senaru
Senaru is the most crowded route of climbing, this is because the trekking route is also often used as a climbing route by indigenous people who will hold traditional and religious ceremonies at the summit of Rinjani or Lake Segara Anak.
The climbing route on this route is as follows: via Senaru – Pelawangan Senaru – Lake Segara Anak by walking approximately 10 – 12 hours through the tracks that are in the primary forest and along the road has provided a resting place for every post. Along the way, visitors can enjoy the beauty of the jungle and stunning rocks.
If you want to reach the top of this active volcano, you should continue the journey from Lake Segara Anak to Sembalun Lawang with a distance of about 4 hours, from Pelawangan Sembalun to the top of Rinjani takes about 4-5 hours, and then you are up to the peek. Climbing to the peak is done at 02.00 dawn because you do not want to miss the sunrise from the summit of Mount Rinjani and can enjoy the view of the entire island of Lombok and even Bali if the weather is sunny.
Rinjani Trekking via Sembalun
Also through Senaru, Sembalun is also a busy path, especially by tourists who like trekking. The route is through the Gate via Sembalun – Sembalun Lawang – Peak of Rinjani Volcano which spends about 9 – 10 hours.
This path is very dramatic and impressive, the path that you pass is a savanna and mountain ridge that meander twist to the chasm on the left and right path. Compared to Senaru, this climbing route is not too steep, but because it is dominated by savanna make your trip so tiring with the hot sun.
But all that will disappear when you are stunned by the beautiful views of the fields and the vast forest along the green valleys in the east of Rinjani Mountain; even your eyes will be spoiled by the lovely straits of Alas and Sumbawa Island in the distance. After arriving at the top of Rinjani, you can take a break while enjoying the natural scenery at the top of Rinjani.
Attractions in Rinjani National Park
Rinjani Attractions – Inside the Rinjani National Park, there are many natural attractions that you should visit if going to trekking to Mount Rinjani, Lombok Island. The beautiful of Rinjani starting from the lake, cave, village and hot water bath. So here are the places you should note and visit if you are traveling to Mt. Rinjani.
- Lake Segara Anak – This lake is the main attraction that you should visit around this national park area. The promising charm of Mount Rinjani National Park which is very promising is Lake Segara Anak that form as crater lake (caldera lake), this location can be reached from two official lines of climbing through Senaru and Sembalun.
- Goa Susu – Milk means Milk in Indonesian. This cave is named after Goa Milk because inside the cave is white like milk. Stalagmites in this cave often drip hot water causing hot steam out at the mouth of the cave. In this cave can also feel the typical natural sauna of Rinjani Volcano in Indonesia.
- Jeruk Manis Waterfall – This waterfall is a paradise for lovers of nature tourism. The clear water combined with the fresh air and the lush natural landscape, makes the Jeruk Manis Waterfall deserve dubbed as an exciting sight. Flowing in a narrow valley, Jeruk Manis Waterfall is part of Mount Rinjani National Park. This waterfall has a height of about 30 meters, then flows into a small river full of rocks.
- Traditional Village of Senaru – This traditional village belongs to the region of North Lombok Regency, right at the foot of Mount Rinjani at an altitude of 601 meters above sea level. If you climb to the Mount Rinjani peek, your climbing route to the summit will surely pass through a village with cool air.
- Sendang Gile Waterfall – Sendang Gile is a waterfall located about 600 meters above sea level, you will go through the path and some steps that take about 20 minutes to arrive. The flow of water in Sendang Gile comes from Lake Segara Anak, the water falls from the cliffs of stilts filled by green plants on the cliff side with a height of about 30 meters.
- Tiu Kelep Waterfall – Tiu Kelep is located adjacent to Sendang Gile, but it is located higher. This is a favorite spot for you that love photography because the beauty of Tiu Kelep Waterfall is very natural with the green plants around this tourist area in Lombok Indonesia.
- Sebau Thermal Baths – This place is one of the natural heritage in Rinjani Geopark Region located in the northern region from the foot of Mount Rinjani. This site is used as an old tourist attraction and has frequently been visited by local tourists or foreign tourists. This natural tourist attraction is located in Desa Sapit, Suela, East Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara.
- Otak Kokok Gading – This place is a bath that has an area with beautiful natural scenery and cool, this place also has a waterfall that is believed by the people can cure various types of diseases with a bath in this waterfall.
So, if you like trekking and climbing then there is no harm to try to visit this Indonesia mountain in Lombok Indonesia. (Capture Indonesia)[adinserter block="14"][adinserter block="8"]
- Best Places to Visit in East Lombok
- 10 of The Best Honeymoon Hotels in Lombok
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Indonesia Mountains
- Gili Islands
- The Beautiful Mount Bromo in East Java
- Top Things to Do at Mount Merapi – Java Volcano
- Tanjung Bloam Beach, East Lombok
- Gili Island Honeymoon – Best Hotels & Packages
- Honeymoon in Lombok – Best Hotels & Packages
- Moyo Island Tourism in Sumbawa