What to Do in Bali?
Best Things to Do in Bali – Bali is a beauty of heaven in Indonesia. Lots of sights and things to do in Bali that can be done either with a partner or family or with beloved children. Bali is also rich in its natural beauty that amazes the tourists from domestic and foreign tourists. The main attraction of the most popular on the Island of the Gods is the beauty of the beach, historical tours, climbing volcanoes and popular art tours.
First time visiting Bali? Don’t forget read our guide to Bali
List of 50 Things to Do in Bali
Bali Indonesia – Well, if you are still confused about what to do when traveling to Bali, Capture Indonesia will proudly provide 50 best things to do in Bali. Below is a list of activities that can you do when traveling to the island of Bali:
1. Enjoy the hot water in Toya Devasya Hot Springs. Visit Toya Devasya Hot Springs in Kintamani to enjoy and soak in warm water that can nourish the skin and enjoy the beautiful scenery around Lake Batur surrounded by beautiful hills.
2. Bring your kids to Pirates Bay. If you are vacationing in Bali with the kids, then do not forget to visit Pirates Bay in Nusa Dua to please the kids by being pirates. Pirates Bay is one of the best places to visit in Bali.
3. Balinese Cooking Class in Ubud. Trying a Balinese culinary is an obligation for anyone who comes to Bali. To add to the sensation, then there is no harm in trying to follow a typical Balinese cooking class in Ubud. Especially if you love to cook, this activity can increase your cooking insight and your cooking skills with a new menu in Bali.
4. Release your fatigue by walking in Campuhan Ridge Walk. If you are on vacation in Ubud with the aim to calm yourself with the beauty of nature there, then it could not hurt you also stop by the Campuhan Hill for just a leisurely stroll or jog around while removing fatigue. Because the scenery at Campuhan Ridge Walk is breathtaking and still natural with shades of green that can calm the mind for a while.
5. Try Flyboarding in Nusa Dua. For those of you who desire to try an adrenaline sport in Bali, then please try Flyboarding at Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Dua. You will feel a tense sensation by flying 15 meters above the water. If you visit Bali as a solo traveller, this choice is one of the best things to do in Bali for solo traveller.
6. Spend a night in unique Bali hotels. As a popular tourist destination, Bali has many lodgings and hostels; some of the hotels have unique concept and architecture. For example, Mara River Safari Lodge, where you rest while enjoying a safari in Gianyar. So do not miss to spend the night in the unique hotels in Bali. See the list of the Best Hotels in Bali.
7. Enjoy a Seawalker and interact with underwater life. Not everyone can dive or snorkel to enjoy the beauty of the underwater world. However, there are other ways to communicate directly with fish that are swimming freely in the ocean. Seawalker is one of the best things to do in Bali. If interested, please to visit Sanur Beach, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Lembongan to enjoy Seawalker in Bali.
8. Try surfing on the Bali beaches. Surfing is one of the most favorite and famous activities in Bali because the beaches in Bali are famous for sound waves and suitable for surfing (also ideal for beginner surfers). Well, for you who like to surf, enjoy the beauty of the beach and its ferocious waves on the Beaches in Bali. If you want to know about the best surfing spots, please see 10 Best Bali Surf Spots.
9. Pay a visit to Bali Safari & Marine Park. This safari park in Bali has 60 wild animal species for you to see. A variety of unique attractions will enliven your holiday, including a tense night safari.
10. Do yoga in the morning near the rice fields of Ubud. When doing yoga, should do in the morning. Besides can enjoy the fresh morning air, the mind is also still relaxed. Ubud is famous for its Yoga activities all over the world. Foreign and domestic tourists come to learn yoga in Ubud. Available for both beginners and professionals.
11. Watching the typical Balinese dance, Kecak Dance. Kecak dance is usually performed by 50 to 100 men. Visiting Bali is not complete yet if you have not watched Kecak Dance. Besides, Ubud is famous for their art center in Bali. The dance performance starts at 7 PM. One of the places is in Pura Dalem Ubud. In addition, this dance performance is also famous in Pura Luhur Uluwatu. Read more about this typical Balinese dance at Kecak Dance article. Watching the dance show is one of the best things to see in Bali and things to do in Bali at night.
12. Bring your kids and learn about the bird life at Bali Bird Park. This bird park is located in Gianyar Bali, more precisely at Jalan Serma Cok Ngurah Gambir Singapadu. The journey takes about 50 minutes when taken from the Kuta Bali area. This bird park has thousands of 250 species of birds, which is interesting is a rare bird species that is an icon of the island of Bali, the Bali Starlings (Jalak Bali).
13. Try outbound challenge in Bali Treetop. For those of you who like natural attractions and challenges, it’s worth trying to visit Bali Treetop which is located in Bedugul botanical garden area. The tour offers adventure park has more than 65 types of challenges that you should try. Starting from witnessing the beauty of panoramic beauty of the forest and lake while flying and gliding from tree to tree and doing Tarzan jumps up to 20 meters. Bring your kids here and feel the best things to do in Bali as a family.
14. Invite your partner to explore Bali with a cruise ship. It’s incomplete if you have not spent time on a cruise to explore the beauty of the small islands in Bali. One way to explore is to board a cruise ship limited to a maximum of 30 passengers. This ship is very private in the middle of your romantic trip together. Exploring the beauty of the islands of Bali with cruise is one of the best things to do in Bali as a couple.
15. Try the rafting challenge on the Ayung River. Ayung Ubud River is Bali’s most famous rafting venue. Ayung River is perfect for beginners who like rafting activities. Shady trees, a stretch of rice fields of the population, as well as beautiful hilly areas will be seen during rafting activity in Ayung River.
16. Have fun with the monkeys at Ubud Monkey Forest. Monkeys are free to roam, from infants to old ones. You can take pictures with this animal. But be careful with your luggage. Sometimes they are nosy picking up tourists and bringing them to the top of the tree. Find information about Monkey Forest in Bali at the Ubud Monkey Forest article.
17. Climb to reach the top of Mount Batur. Locals say that you have not visited Bali if you have not climbed the peak of a sacred volcano named Mount Batur. This mountain is an active volcano with a height up to the top of the clouds.
18. Fly to see the beauty of Bali from above with a helicopter tour. Congestion in various tourist attractions and jostling with the crowd trying to avoid the mischievous monkeys that often interfere with the journey is no longer the experience you should pass during a vacation in Bali. With just 60 minutes, you will get a beautiful view of Kuta Beach, the beauty of the river in Ubud and even volcanic crater from Mount Batur. All that you can enjoy just by sitting comfortably in your helicopter chairs. This tour is the best choice for top things to do in Bali for honeymooners.
19. Celebrate a honeymoon in Bali. It would not hurt to try to honeymoon to Bali because this beautiful island is the perfect place with many hotels and romantic villas. Enjoy a luxurious one-day experience with your spouse with honeymoon packages that will be the most romantic thing in your life. See the list and find the Bali romantic places in Top Honeymoon Destinations in Bali and The Reason to Honeymoon in Bali.
20. Stay healthy during your holiday in Bali by cycling in Ubud. If you want to spend leisure time in relax and stay healthy, the choice of the cycling tour through Ubud seems to be an exciting idea. While enjoying the stunning scenery through rice fields, mountains, and rivers. If you are fortunate, you will have the opportunity to meet with the family from the village customs head, visit a local temple and stop by on a chocolate plantation.
21. Enjoy a Balinese Spa. To keep the beauty and body stay fit during the holidays in Bali, you should try to enjoy the warmth of Bali Spa is already famous to foreign countries.
22. Make a contemporary tattoo in Kuta. In Kuta Beach, temporary tattoos are quite popular with tourists, especially domestic tourists, but you who come from outside Indonesia can also try this new thing. The price is also meager from IDR 50,000 to IDR 300.000, depending on the size of the tattoo and the picture. This tattoo is made with Henna powder material and will disappear about two weeks.
23. Buy Bali souvenirs at Sukmawati Market. One of the recommended places to shop for souvenirs in Bali is the traditional Sukawati market located in Gianyar regency. All sorts of gifts you can get in this market with conventional market prices of course.
24. Try the typical Balinese culinary. Indonesia is famous for the delicacy of food made from high-quality spices. Bali is also one of the delicious food producers in Indonesia. Lawar, Srambotan, Sate Lilit and Ayam Betutu is a list of Balinese food that you should try during your holiday to Bali, let alone you who aim for a culinary tour. What is the delicious Indonesian food? Please read the list of 30 Delicious Indonesian Specialties.
25. Enjoy the rural atmosphere of Panglipuran Village. There is a village in Bangli district that is so thick with local wisdom. This village designed as a tourist village by the government of Bali. The atmosphere in this village is really beautiful and makes anyone feel at home. Vehicles are not even allowed into the village. In this village, you will know the real Bali culture, and you will not find any garbage.
26. Learning agricultural science at Bedugul Botanical Gardens. The location of this garden is in the village Bedugul, Baturiti, Tabanan. In this place, you not only can enjoy the beautiful fresh green scenery but also at the same time to learn the science of botany. In Bedugul Botanical Garden there are thousands of plants that you can find and discover. The location of this garden is located at an altitude of about 1240 m above sea level so that the weather is cool. This educational tour is one of the recommended things to do in Bali with family and kids.
27. Shopping Bali accessories around Kuta Beach. For those who want to buy, many options such as beach clothes, shorts, Balinese shirts and more. Also, souvenirs and necklaces can found in Kuta Beach.
28. See the dolphins at Lovina Beach. Another exciting activity that can you do in Bali is to see the attractions of dolphins. This activity is one of the things that can be done in Bali. You can go to Lovina Beach, Buleleng in the morning to see the attraction of dolphins which jumped beautifully into the water. Watching the dolphin show in Lovina is one of the best things to see in Bali.
29. Witness the usual festivities of the festivals in Bali. There are many festivals on the island of Bali. You can watch the celebrations in every city. And there is the most lively opening of the Bali Arts Festival and will be performing for up to a month at the Art Center. Also, there are also kite festivals are often done in Mertasari Beach, Padang Galak Beach and others. For the tourist who doesn’t know where to go in Bali, maybe these festivals worth to visit while you holiday in Indonesia. Also, don’t skip to read our list of the best festivals in Indonesia.
30. Watching the Balinese sacred dance, Barong Dance. There is a thing that can be done in Bali and has become a favorite thing for tourists who travel to Bali is to watch the Barong sacred dance. This dance is one of the traditional dances that use masks and costumes as the embodiment of the creatures that are believed by the people of Bali. Where is the location to watch this dance performance? Find the answer in this article about Barong Dance.
31. Take pictures at Upside Down World in Denpasar. In addition to refreshing, the holiday is indeed a great time to capture beautiful photos to show and upload to Instagram and Twitter. That’s why you must visit Upside Down World in Bali which is famous for its unique rooms for selfie and groovy. With the concept of reverse room design complete with beautiful decorations and furniture, you can capture different moments in Bali. This tourist spot located at Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia.
32. Visiting the hidden beach, Blue Point or Suluban Beach. Bali is famous for the beauty of the beaches, and there is a beach you must visit, Blue Point. This beach is also called by the name Suluban beach because of its stunning scenery and gives a romantic touch. The beach is located right in Uluwatu, Pecatu Village, Bali which provides clean and beautiful air instead. See the other list of best-hidden beaches in Bali.
33. Visited the Shell Museum in Bali. This unique museum located on Jalan Sunset Boulevard, Kuta, Bali with a view of fossil shells in various types that reach hundreds of years old. These shellfish are not only from Bali and the sea of Indonesia, but there are also shells collected from abroad.
34. Take the time to visit Gunung Kawi. Mount Kawi is a temple in Tampaksiring, In Gunung Kawi, there are about ten temples carved on a cliff with a height of 7 meters. Previously, the function of this temple is a place to worship the king of Udayana.
35. Feel the fresh air in the beautiful hidden Tegenungan Waterfall. If you want to find a place related to nature in Ubud, then you have to visit Tegenungan Waterfall. The charm of the beauty of the waterfall has captivated many tourists both local and foreign tourists. This spot is also an Instagramable spot in Bali.
36. Watch modern and traditional dance performances on Devdan Show. Devdan show is a dance performance from various cultures in Indonesia, taking place at Nusa Dua Theater, and featuring a mix of traditional Indonesian dance with contemporary modern dance, with world-class acrobatic attractions, and of course with sophisticated special effects.
37. Enjoy the beauty of sunrise and sunset in Bali. Blessed with many beautiful beaches, it is not complete if you have not enjoyed the beautiful sunrise and sunset of Bali Island. There are plenty of beaches and spots to enjoy the sunrise and sunset, but make sure you arrive before sunrise or sunset. Sanur is the best spot to see the sunrise. In addition, other sunrise spots are Nusa Dua Beach, Tanjung Benoa Beach, and Amed Beach. As for the sunset, Kuta Beach is the most iconic. Traveler can also enjoy the beautiful sunset at Uluwatu, Tanah Lot, Jimbaran, and Seminyak.
38. Enjoy the excitement with the kids at Circus Waterpark, Kuta. To get the excitement of the different activities in Bali, visit Circus Waterpark at Jalan Kediri, Kuta Bali. With attractive design that is suitable for all ages, you can feel the excitement of many types of water games like water wave, speed slide and much more.
39. Enjoy spiritual tours in Ubud. Want to meditate in the midst of nature with incredible views, you can immediately dock to Anand Ashram Ubud. Guaranteed you will get an experience that can not be described easily. Read all about Ubud at the article: Ubud Bali.
40. Pumping adrenaline by jumping from Cliff Jump Point. While vacation in Bali, you can also entertain yourself with extreme sights. For example, the Cliff Jump Point that located in Nusa Ceningan (a small island in Klungkung, Bali). As the name implies, you can feel the high adrenaline by jumping off the cliff into the beautiful blue sea. So, for you that always as for what to do in Bali, you must consider this extreme activity for you Bali activity.
41. Soak in Angel’s Villabong. Located on Nusa Penida, a river estuary known as Angel’s Billabong has a stunning and beautiful pools. With its calm and clear water, you can soak the whole day and feel the comfort of tranquility. Not only that, the stunning scenery certainly makes you relax. Moreover, you will cross the sea by speedboat while enjoying the warm air in the sea of Bali. Angel’s Villabong is a good place as one of the top things to do in Bali.
42. Feed the monkeys in Alas Kedaton. Besides Ubud Monkey Forest, there is also a tourist spot to see and feed the monkeys and this place is suitable for children. Alas Kedaton is a tourist place filled with monkeys and the kids can feed the monkeys with bananas, nuts or other fruits. Visiting Alas Keraton is a must activity and one of the best things to do in Bali with kids.
43. Enjoy a sunset while paradigling in Timbis. There are so many choices of extreme attractions in Bali. Located at Timbis, this place will boost your adrenaline with paradigling sports. It’s not just the excitement that you will feel, but also the sense of pleasure from the Balinese landscape that you can see from above. The best time to try this sport at sunset because the breathtaking scenery of the Timbis hill will look prettier.
44. Visit to Kanto Waterfall. In addition to Tegenungan Waterfall, there are other waterfalls in Bali located in Banjar Kelod Kangin, Bali, the beautiful Kanto Lempo Waterfall guaranteeing your holiday moment in Bali becomes more special. In addition to the unique black rock scenery, you can feel the beautiful atmosphere and cool air. Not only that, with an instragamable spot, you can capture your beautiful moments here perfectly.
45. Educational tour to Secret Garden Villa Bedugul. As a new destination in Bali and called will be a tourist icon in Bedugul Tabanan, Secret Garden Village Bedugul is indulging with the concept of educational visits to factory & outlet. Here, you will be presented with interesting activities such as seeing the herborist cosmetic factory that is famous for its Balinese scrub and try to make its own cosmetics.
46. Vacation with the kids at Bali Zoo Park. One of the remarkable zoos in Bali, which combines a zoo with water rides is Bali Zoo Park, Gianyar. This tourist spot highly recommended for the tourists who want to vacation in Bali by visiting the zoo with the kids.
47. Enjoy the view from the top of the Karangasem Tree House. Want to take the children to vacation to a unique tourist spot for children in Bali, the choice is a tourist attraction Karangasem Treehouse. This tourist attraction located in a towering house building, as well as all materials made of bamboo. You have to pass a bridge that also made of bamboo.
48. Getting around in the mangrove forest with a kayak on Nusa Lembongan. Mangrove Forest becomes one of the mandatory spots in Nusa Lembongan. Not only rely on the lush and beautiful mangrove forest, but you can also see the island of Bali from a distance. In addition to the wood around the boat, you can even rent your kayak per hour.
49. Take a photo at one of the Instagramable spots in Bali, a field of Calendula flowers. If you go to Kintamani from Bedugul, you will find an area of Calendula flowers on the side of the road. Its golden yellow color, as well as neatly arranged fields that fascinating and exciting natural landscapes, seem to invite you to stop by and take a photo.
50. Enjoy exotic humps on Nusa Penida. Damage to nature sometimes produces something beautiful, and that is what you can found in tourist attractions in Bali, Pasih Uug Beach, Nusa Penida. A high hollow cliff in the center due to natural phenomena, which eventually form a gigantic tunnel.
Featured image credit: Pxhere[adinserter block="14"][adinserter block="8"]
- 10 of the Best Tourist Attractions in Bali
- Explore the Temples of Bali
- 10 Best Things to Do in Seminyak
- The Best Time to Visit Bali
- Barong Dance
- Top 10 Beautiful & Best Beaches in Bali
- How to Travel to Bali for the First Time
- Dreamland Beach Bali
- 10 of the Best Bali Honeymoon Destinations
- 10 Best Surfing Spots in Bali